Well this surveyhas been floating around blog after blog for quite some time now. With this being my first Vegan Mofo ever, I figured I minus well give it a shot! I actually have to give the credit to Keri of IEatTrees for helping me find it. Without her post and a little research on how far back this thing went, I would have never found it! Thanks Keri!
So here are my answers to the Vegan Mofo Survey.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
I almost ALWAYS go for So Delicious coconut milk. Baking, oatmeal, or just with some cookies! But sometimes, i use Whole Foods almond milk for the consistency.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I want to make my pumpkin cinnamon rolls for christmas breakfast(yeah. I make them so good, my mom is actually allowing me to do this.) I also want to make pumpkin cookies and something creative with kale in it.( I ❤ kale) But definatley lots of holiday treats.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Nutritional yeast, black pepper, a little salt, and a lot of cayenne pepper (i like it spicy!)
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
My first attempt at vegan cookies was horrible. When i first went vegan, i tried making some and i’m not big on following recipes. So i read some basic vegan recipes and went for it. They puffed up so i thought they would be soft and bready…they were elastic and inedible.
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
With my brain? Actually, most of my good ones are on this site (there arn’t many good ones). I am still new to veganism so i’m still working on most of my recipes.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
I have a compost pile i don’t really use much. I need to get back at it. But sadly, i use the trash can too often.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Peanut Butter & Jelly, oatmeal, and So Delicious coconut milk mint ice cream. Can’t have an island paradise without coconut, now can we?
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
I don’t really have too many i can remember, especially with most of them involving meat. But christmas morning was always wonderful. Mom making eggs benedict in the morning and we all coming together for breakfast. But this year, i want to make some new vegan recipes.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
So Delicious Mint choc. chip!
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Pumpkin Spice. Use it in just about everything this time of year. Like my favorite pumpkin pie recipe!
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Probably Vegan Comfort Food. It was on sale, so i grabbed it. I am so glad i did. One of my favorite cookbooks!
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Vegan chocolate chip cookies or my pumpkin pie! I serve cookies to my guinea pigs…erm..i mean…the people in my youth group all the time. They love most of them and give me excellent feed back.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Pizza all the way. Its a classic, but there are so many different ways to make it. Dough from scratch or frozen. Throw the topping on, or sautee them first. What toppings to put on. Oven or grill. Thin crust or pan.
And the outcome is almost always delicious (except for one incident where i didn’t knead the dough enough…bad day.)
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
My spices and herbs and a container of flax meal (i don’t have a spice cabinet).
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
The Tofurkey thanksgiving dinner(want to try it out before thanksgiving), whole wheat pie crust, tofu, and soy yogurt.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Whole Foods or Kroger
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Thin mint cookies! (i’ll make em better than the girlscouts ever dreamed!)
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
So many different blogs, its hard to choose. IEatTrees, , Healthy. Happy. Life., and CookVeganLover. Finding Vegan isn’t a blog, but i look at it and submit posts about every day. I also check twitter quite often to see what my vegan buddies are making 🙂
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
The peanut butter smore by Sweet and Sara! (if it can be considered candy).
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Canned pumpkin! Comes around only during this time of year. Get it while I can!
So there ya go. My answers to the PPK’s Vegan Mofo survey. Hope you enjoyed reading my answers. And thanks again to Keri and the PPK for helping me find this thing.
Did you do the survey? Links are welcomed!
Vegan-Surveying Health Freax Unite!